Choosing the right web design company for you can be a tough decision. There are so many to choose from and it’s important that you find a company who understands your needs and takes you seriously. You’re not just putting a web design project in their hands, you’re entrusting the image of your business to them.
This guide will help you to ask the right questions so that you can be confident in your choice and help you avoid making costly mistakes.
How much do they charge and what is included?
This seems like an obvious thing to ask a potential web design company, but you need to make sure that you know what is included in your quote in order to avoid any nasty surprises. Ask the designer to detail exactly what is included.
Things to consider would be:
- Does it include bespoke design?
- Does it include a Content Management System (CMS)?
- Does it include making changes if you don’t like the initial draft?
- Does include the registration of a domain?
- Will the domain be registered to you?
- Does it include web hosting?
- Does it include ongoing support?
- Does it include Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
If any of these services aren’t included, find out how much they are.
Where are they based?
A web designer doesn’t have to be local to you but it is beneficial. It makes face-to-face meetings easier and if you have any problems with your site, they only have a short distance to travel to get to you.
How long have they been in business?
This is important. You don’t want a web design company that is around one day and gone the next. Can you be sure that if they design your site that they will be there to support you for years to come?
Do they have a portfolio you can review?
Every web design company should have a portfolio on their website where you can view some of the sites they’ve designed previously. Take some time to look through their sites and evaluate them.
Ask yourself the following:
- Do they have any designs that appeal to you?
- Do the sites look professional?
- Do they load quickly?
- Can you view them on a mobile device or tablet?
Can they provide references or testimonials?
Speak to some of their existing web design clients and ask about their overall experience. Or, check their site to see if they have any testimonials from clients who would recommend them.
What do they need from you?
Any web design project requires some input from the client. You know your business better than anyone and should have an idea of the image you want your website to portray. It’d important that you get this information across to your web designer and that they fully understand it.
Here are some questions you could ask:
- Can I show you some websites that I like the look of?
- Can I show you some websites that I don’t like the look of?
- Can you provide text and images or do I need to provide them?
How long will it take to complete?
Before ordering a new website, it’s imperative that you ask potential designers how long it would take to get your site live. Does it fit in with your preferred timescale?
Here at Intrafusion, we are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. Contact us on: 01592 551491 or [email protected]